Hi Craft Addicts!
I have been experimenting with clear embossing powder on black card and came up with this flower themed blank 5in card - if you want to know how I made it then read on!
How I made this card:-
- I had created this jagged edged square background layer on my Brother Scan n Cut and I cut it out using Lynda Chapman's Black card - it measures about 4" if you are interested!
- I dusted it with an anti-static bag to get rid of any dirt/grease and then stamped the floral spray (from Stamps by Me by Toni Darroch but doesn't have a name on the packaging) on to it using Versamark ink and then added Clear embossing powder (i used Stamps Away) and heat set it.
- As it is quite tricky to see the outline, you do need to place it in a good light to work out where to add the colour - I used Crafter's Companion's Colour Blends Essentials set of pencils from Spectrum Noir to do this.
- I then glued to the front of a 5" white card using PVA glue.
- I could have added a sentiment but wanted to highlight the flowers used so stamped one of the smaller images in the set on to a circle (a Tattered Lace die) of white card using Tonic Studios Nuvo Black ink and colouredit in using a Pink alcohol marker (a Tri-blend pen from Spectrum Noir again) - these are useful as you have the 3 different shades of the same colour all in one place.
- I also used one of their green ones to colour the stem and leaves.
- I used PVA glue to attach it to the bottom right hand corner.