Hi Craft addicts!
I really enjoyed making this card as it uses a variety of techniques - from stamping to embossing!
How I made this card:-
- I took a piece of white stamping card (you could also use watercolour card) and used a variety of distress/dye based inks to create a sky scene blending them in as well as possible.
- I then cut out the stag and forest scene in black card (it is a Tattered Lace Symphony die I think).
- I separated them and glued the scene on the background using PVA glue.
- I took another piece of white card and this time passed it through an electronic cutting machine with the Ribbon Swirls 3D embossing folder from Creative Expressions.
- It is incredible how deep the embossing is, and I used a blue ink pad to rub gently over the swirls to it highlighted the different levels.
- I cut it to fit the front of a 6" square card (with a narrow border all around it) and stuck it with PVA to it.
- Using some foam pads, I added the forest scene to the bottom right hand corner and then used the foam pads and glue to add the stag to the left hand side.
- Finally, I used a Just for You sentiment stamp (I am not sure which Company it is from), stamped it onto some white card with Gina K Black Amalgam ink.
- I cut around it, giving it a cloud effect - I then coloured it with a pale blue ink pad and then edged it with a blue alcohol marker.
- Finally, I glued it to the top left hand corner with PVA and added some blue Nuvo drops to various places.