Hi Craft Addicts!
Today's card is a mix of dies, stamps and Pixie Powder style powders and together they make a really stylish Birthday card...
How I made this card:-
- I had been playing (I seem to be doing a lot of that recently) with some Pixie Powders (from Creative Expressions) and Lynette Jasper's Pretty Gets Gritty Explosion Powders and I rreally liked how this background turned out.
- To create the background, I tapped various colours on to some white card and then spritzed some water on top of it and allowed it to spread. I repeated the process until I was happy with the result.
- I let it dry and then cut out the middle sized die from the Noel Frames set from Sweet Dixie.
- I had cut out this Sunflower die (from Tattered Lace) ages ago in white card and coloured it in using Zig Clean Color pens - Yellows, Oranges and Greens predominately. You can of course colour it in using Alcohol markers, watercolour paints etc.
- I trimmed the stalk a bit as i wanted it to fit the frame and then attached it using PVA glue.
- I then stuck the whole panel on to the front of a C6 white card (so many Companies produce these such as Hunkydory and Lynda Chapman's World of Paper from Creative Crafting World).
- I wanted it to have a sentiment so used the Happy Birthday stamp from For the Love of Stamps (Hunkydory) Sweet Sentiments set and stamped it on to a pre-cut circle in white card using Black Gina K Amalgam ink.
- I cut out a flower in black card, stuck the sentiment to it and then added it to the bottom right hand corner with PVA glue and then trimmed it so it didn't overhang.
- Finally, I added 3 drops of Black Nuvo Drops (from Tonic Studios) to the top left hand corner and some more into the centre of the flower.
And there you are - a quick and easy Birthday card that is bright and cheerful.