Hi Craft Addicts!
I have been playing with using various textured cardstock and came up with this cute little card - I hope you like it!
How I made this card:-
- I wanted to use some old cardstock up and decided that I would try out different textures to create a Birthday Card.
- I first of all took the Purrfect die and stamp from the latest range by Crafter's Companion and placed both the outline die of the cat and the sentiment next to each other on some white card, taped them down and cut them out.
- Then I trimmed either side of it to fit the front of a 4in white card.
- I coloured the top 2/3rds of the card (which is a linen effect one) with Salty Ocean Distress Inks from Tim Holtz/Ranger and then a darker blue from Altenew. I blended them in unti I was happy with the result.
- I then took a piece of dark Green Hammered card and tore it so that there was a uneven top and stuck it ot the bottom half of the card using PVA glue and then trimmed it to fit.
- I used Brown and Beige alcohol markers to colour in the cat and when it was dry, trimmed the bottom part so there was a narrow border and stuck it to the middle of the card with PVA glue.
- I used the Have a and Birthday stamps from the same set as the dies and stamped them on to some white card using a Black permanent ink (such as Gina K Amalgam ink or Memento), cut around them and placed them in opposite corners using a tape pen.
- Finally,i added some bird shapes to the sky using a Black fineliner pen.