Hi Craft addicts!
Well, I hope you have had a good week - it certainly has flown by! Today's card is one I have made with one of my hand painted background.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all painted the background using various sparkly watercolour inks - from Stamps by Me Gossip range and also Crafter's Companion Sparkle range. As you can see from the photo, I used yellows, greens, blues, greys with darker colours for the trees in the middle of the card.
- I left it to dry overnight and then trimmed it so it would fit the front of an A6 white card.
- I then edged it with a black alcohol marker.
- I stuck it to the card using PVA glue, leaving a small border all around it.
- I have had these Stylish Silhouettes (from Hunkydory) for ages and decided they would go well with this, so stuck the branch and three of the leaves descending from the top left hand side.
- I then cut out the 2 dogs in black card (dies from the Fun and Frolics set from Tattered Lace and the card from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper). I stuck them to the bottom of the card again with PVA glue.
- I used the Best Friends sentiment from one of the Friends Forever stamp set from Rare Earth, stamped it onto some white card using Black ink, cut around it and added it to the top right hand corner with some foam pads.