Hi Craft Addicts!
Well today's blog is another Halloween card - I just love making these type of cards as they can be bright and cheerful and yet also dark and spooky! This one is a mix of the two I think... so read on if you want to know more...
How I made this card:-
- I first of all created the background using Watercolour paints - mainly Oranges and yellows (with a hint of red) - I used white super smooth card rather than watercolour as I wanted a smooth surface.
- I put it aside to dry overnight.
- i then cut out the Trick or Treat die (from Tattered Lace) in black card (Lynda Chapman's World of Paper) - This is a Symphony die (it creates 2 parts of a scene) and I just used the Cemetery and spider part of it. It is a large die so you will need an A4 die cutting machine.
- I trimmed the background scene so it measures approximately 2.5" x 4.5" and then stuck the Silhouette scene to it and trimmed it down.
- I then edged it with a black alcohol marker to cover any of the white card and glued it to the top left hand side of the C6 card using PVA glue.
- I then cut out the Trick or Treat sentiment (from Paper Boutique by Creative Crafting World) in Orange and its' mat in black and stuck them together again using PVA glue and attached it to the centre of the card.
- I also cut out the Ghost (from Sweet Dixie) in white card and added a small piece of black card to behind its' face and attached it to the bottom right hand side of the card with foam pads.
- Finally, I added some Black Nuvo drops to the bottom and right hand sides of the card.
And there you are a fun card that would be great to give for Halloween - you could also make invitations using the idea - you can buy it on my Website GC00008
Products you may want to make this card:-
- C6 White card (smooth) with envelope
- Trick or Treat Symphony die from Tattered Lace
- Ghost die from Sweet Dixie
- Trick or Treat sentiment mat and layer die from Paper Boutique from Creative Crafting World.
- White super smooth card stock
- Black card
- Orange Card
- Oranges, Reds, Yellow Watercolour paints
- Black Nuvo drops from Tonic Studios
- Foam Pads
- PVA glue such as Glue-it (Pinflair) or Cosmic Shimmer
- Die-cutting Machine