Hi Craft addicts!
I had so much fun making this card and yes, I have used Peel Off stickers to create the main topper...if you want to know how I made it then read on!
How I made this card:-
- I first of all took the Cats in silhouette Peel Off sticker (which I got from Craft Creation ages ago and am not sure they are still available).
- I then used Red, Yellow and Orange Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour paints to colour in the background - as the Peel Off acted as a type of resist i wasn't too worried about going over the lines!
- Once it was dry, I stuck it to a piece of Silver Mirri card and cut around it so that there was a very narrow border. I then attached that to some black card.
- I also cut a panel of red and white diagonal striped paper (from Hunkydory's Colour Family paper pad) so that there was about 1/2" border on a C6 white linen effect card,
- I edged it with a black alcohol marker and glued it to the card using Collall All Purpose Glue.
- I then stuck the topper to the top half of the card using PVA glue.
- I stamped the Hello You sentiment (which is from Creative Expressions) on to some black card using Versamark ink and added some True White Embossing powder and heat set it.
- I then attached it to the bottom of the card with foam pads.
And there you are a bright and cheerful card that would be great to send to a friend just to say you are thinking of them.
Products you may need for this card:-
- C6 White Linen effect card and envelope
- Cats in silhouette peel off sticker
- Sentiment stamps from Lisa Horton's Modern Classic set from Creative Expressions
- Gansai Tambi Watercolour paints from Kuretake
- Silver Mirri Card (from Hunkydory)
- Black card from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper
- Red and White paper from Hunkydory's Colour Family 8" paper pad
- True White Embossing powder
- Heat Gun
- Foam pads
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Cosmic Shimmer or Glue it (Pinflair) glue