Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is one I made using a panel of flowers which I painted myself using Acrylic paints - I have been playing with various media to see what effects they create...
How I made this card:-
- I made the floral panel using shades of yellow,orange and red acrylic paints to create the flower shapes and then left it to dry.
- I also added some green and darker orange spots dotted around the design.
- I used the Sheena Douglass Cartridge pen (you can buy it here from Create and Craft) to add definition to the flowers.
- I then trimmed it so that it fitted the front of a C6 White Linen effect card, edging it with a black alcohol marker before sticking it down with some PVA glue.
- I then cut out the bee topper using a die from Paper Boutique from Creative Crafting World (I am not sure if it is still available) using Black and Orange card - the former is Lynda Chapman's World of Paper and the Orange from Create & Craft's Core Collection which you can buy here.
- I mat and layered them using the black outline with an orange body but you can of course do it the other way around!
- I used foam pads to add it to the top right hand corner.
- I stamped the Good Luck sentiment on to some black card (as above), having dusted it with an anti static pad first. I used Versamark ink and then Silver Embossing Powder and heat set it.
- I cut out a narrow strip of the same orange card and edged it with a black alcohol marker and placed the sentiment in the middle of it (with very thin foam pads).
- Finally, I added some dashed lines around the sentiment using a white Gel pen and then added some Black Nuvo drops on either side of it.
And there you are, a card that came out of me playing with paints!