Hi Craft addicts!
So today's card is one I have made using stamps from Sheena Douglass's Everyday Perspectives - Out on a Limb A4 set along with some watercolour paints - if you would like to find out how I made it then read on!
How I made this card:-
- I first of all took a piece of white stamping card and trimmed it to measure approximately 6" x 2.5" (so it fitted the front of a white DL card).
- I placed it in to the base of a stamping platform which needs to be a larger one so I used the 8" Rare Earth one i have and used some tape to attach it so it didn't move about.
- When I was sure it wouldn't move, I took the landscape scene stamp from the set and set it towards the bottom of the card. I also added the 3 birds and the 3 different Tweet stamps on to the card positioning them where I wanted them.
- Once I was happy with the scene, I picked them up on the opposite side of the platform by closing it gently.
- I then used Obsidian Black ink them, making sure the stamps were covered and closed the lid down, this time slightly harder so it gave a good impression - the advantage of a stamping platform is of course if you don't quite get it right, you can repeat the stamping without the worry of missing the original image.
- Once it was dry (which is very quick), I then used some different shades of blue watercolour paint re-inkers (Rare Earth, Tim Holtz Distress ink) too create the sky and darker blues to give the idea that there was either a lake or sea behind the trees.
- For them, I used different shades of greens, not worrying too much if I went over the lines as watercolouring is meant to be more forgiving!
- I took some sandy brown paints (this time from Toni Darroch's paint wheel and painted the ground/soil under the hedgerow.
- I then left it to dry - you can use a heat gun or leave it to dry naturally.
- I edged the panel with the chisel tip end of a Black alcohol marker and stuck it with some PVA glue to the front of a side-fold white DL card.
Products you might need for this:-
- DL sidefold white card and envelope (from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper from Creative Crafting World
- Sheena Douglass's Everyday Perspectives Out on a Limb A4 stamp set (it was available from Create & Craft)
- Watercolour re-inkers - Rare Earth, Tim Holtz Distress inks or any other ones will do
- Watercolour paint wheel from Toni Darroch's Stamps by Me
- Gina K Obsidian Black ink pad (Gina K is an American Company but you can get it here in the UK from Bumbleberry Crafts) - oh yes she does brilliant tutorial videos on Facebook and You Tube
- Black alcohol marker - one with a chisel end is best
- PVA Glue such as PInflair's Glue it Glue or Cosmic Shimmer is great for this - I will be doing a blog comparing glues soon!
- Stamping platform - Rare Earth, Crafter's Companion, Hunkydory's Prism or Stamps by Me are good ones.